This great looking player grade 6121 from late 1960 / early 1961. This guitar is not a common sight! Overall the guitar is in good condition with buckle-rash on the back a general feel of light wear through the body. The neck feels great and the frets are in great shape - especially since a recent fret stone.
The guitar does have a few modifications / condition notes to mention...
- Non-original Grover closed back tuners (originals would've been open-geared)
- The pickguard has either been re-finished in black / inherited a black guard from another guitar (note the cut out for the neck pickup in the guard doesn't fit around it correctly) / had a guard made
- The truss rod cover doesn't match the shape of other examples (not out of the question that this is the original)
- The logo on the headstock has either or both bled out a little and/or at some point been re-touched (perhaps in response to it bleeding over time)
- The gold on the hardware is faded throughout
- Some of the binding is coming away from the body
I would urge anyone interested in this Gretsch to come and see it person as it needs to be played to be fully appreciated!